Friday, August 05, 2005

Weird, silly dream

What would you do when out of the blue, your family is forcing you to marry someone?

Gosh, I can’t believe what I saw? Much more WHO I SAW!

Background [true stuff]: I have a loving family who gives liberty and support to each member. It’s tightly-knitted and everybody cares for everyone. I call it a blessing.

Dilemma: For some reason, there’s this arrangement that one from the family has to marry THE PERSON. The situation says that my sister is an impossible option; that flashes the spotlight on me. Very weird because it was my brothers who are backing this marriage to happen. It’s like they wouldn’t let anything interfere with this wedding. It seemed I got no choice but to submit to them.

So the story goes with me accepting [given no choice neither liberty to object] to marry the person. The preparation for the wedding is almost complete and everybody’s just waiting for the big day! Silly though, I was, like, so complacent about what’s going around!

THE PERSON: This is actually the catch in the story. HE IS SOMEONE I KNOW. Unlike most dreams where you don’t get a glimpse of the person involved, this one is as clear as the midday sun. Personality-wise, he is a good person [and still is in the story]; very mild-tempered and gentle; and best of all, I am fond of him [not the romantic sense], being very approachable and easy to speak with. I find him to be an older brother. My brothers don’t even have the slightest idea who he is off the dreamworld.

CONFLICT: I can’t see any compatibility between us—more than anything, physically! [Haha, I can laugh the whole day just the thought of it!] And simply, because the US-issue is unimaginable!

It was agreed that I meet him at six PM. I think we are going to get a license or something for the wedding. I was on my bed and barely moved watching the clock strike at six. Then suddenly, it’s as if the world flashed in my face and the troubles sank in me like lightning. I realized I don’t want to get into this marriage and that’s extremely unreasonable [very late realization]. I don’t love the person plus the fact that if I marry him, I’LL BE MARRIED TO HIM! That sure freaked me out!

What I did, I cried and did an unexpected tantrum. Nobody made me go to where he’s waiting.

Lesson: I’m still not sure of it. But I’m glad I woke up before any counter action was made by my family.

I was in wonder when I got up and still laughing at the thought of this dream. Man, I sure did cry in that dream!

No comments: