Monday, August 15, 2005

weekend life

Actually, I have a lot to post today; I just don’t know where to start. What happened thus, I almost forgot half of what I planned to post! Oh, well, the forgetful-me strikes again!


>>> Saturday <<<

Saturday was ok. I was looking forward to watching Sweet 18 [which I refer to as ‘ I know’]. The episode is ok and I like the build up of the story. The Sunday episode was quite slow and it drained my excitement upon seeing the third party in the story. Hmp! her mere presence got into my nerves! [That’s the kid part of me.]

We had practice in the music team. My lineup includes Tagalog songs: Napakabuti and Sama-sama for praise songs; Kalakip ng awitin and O Panginoon for the worship. I love those songs and the team did a good job playing them.

Pastor Aries asked the youth to lead the prayer meeting. I felt so blessed having seen how the kids grew up. For a moment I couldn’t contain the thought that these were the young kids I’ve been pouring my energy to; and now, the Lord is so gracious to guide them to maturity. It felt good to hear them pray in the Lord.

We got home around 7-730pm. I went upstairs and lied on my bed; the next thing I know it’s already Sunday! Yup, I was that tired to skip dinner.

>>> Sunday <<<

The service was very good. The Lord is so loving and, hearing His word really lifts the spirit. This month’s theme in church is about obedience. The Bible study highlighted that Obedience authenticates our faith in Christ. True enough, it reflects how Christians are changed and called to perfection in the image of the Lord. Our path in life is reflective of how Christ called us to be.

In the youth fellowship, I asked Ayres to lead and she shared a couple of verses from Matthew 21; when the Lord expected the fig tree to bear fruits. God expects the same from us in any season…that is, He is looking for the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5: 22-23) in our lives. It was a beautiful reminder to everyone: we are expected to bear fruits. It may cause us to deviate from life’s norms and mainstreams however, we should be reminded that our life no longer belongs to us, it’s the Lord’s.

I was on time for the MYF core meeting and we talked about the Law of the Chain or the Law of the Weak Link. John Maxwell showed a striking point on the topic: the weak link can cut the team’s effectiveness into half of its potential. No matter where you place the Weak link, he will still drag the team down its Mount Everest.

I thank God for Pastor Mark. He’s been totally helpful for us youth leaders. He makes us feel effective and able to do more than we think we can. He truly is a motivator and I am more than grateful that he is. It sure lightens the load.

Thank God for another weekend. It’s a joy to spend it with my family and go on with the ministry.

No comments: