Friday, November 17, 2006

The Embassy experience

We went early (before 10am) to come ahead of our 1:15 interview at the US Embassy in Manila. We had not met the officer until 3:45 pm.

So much for the much-anticipated interview at the embassy.

We are confident with the scheduled interview since everything we have is TRUTH. Anyhow, the Lord was very gracious to spare us from the possibility of error (due to jitters) during the interview. To our surprise, the embassy officer readily approved our application; He did not even care to see our other documents. The officer had no plan on seeing us one by one as well. Pastor Mark insisted. The officer barely said, “Hello” and that was it. With me, we had a very short talk:

Officer: Hello.
Me: Hello, Sir.
Officer: So, you are one of the performing artists?
Me: No, Sir. I’m the editor of Branded by Fire, the MYF Newsletter. I’m also one of the core leaders of MYF.
Officer: Oh! Thank you.
Me: Thank you, Sir.

That’s it. The shortest interview I ever had in my life. Afterwards, we were told to retrieve our passports with visa. Haha!

I'm pretty sure there's divine intervention right there!

Happy!

4 comments:

Keith said...

Amen, amen and AMEN! Thank you Lord for your divine intervention in all of this. May You continue to bless Len and the rest of the MYF crew.

Len,
I do need one thing from you though. Would you happen to know the exact dates of when you would be in the States so that Patty and I can reserve those dates on our calendar? we want to make sure that we are off of work so that we can definitely be there to meet all of you. Thanks and we're praying for all of you.

Keith said...

Oh...I almost forgot. Manny is fighting Morales tomorrow night right? He's gonna knock Morales out. Lets Go Manny!

Keith said...

So Manny KO'd him in the 3rd round. Pound for pound he has to be the greatest fighter in the world now and made your country proud.

Pinay said...

Thanks! We are scheduled to leave here on April 23 and return on May 22, 2007. The Conference in Granite Bay, Cali will be from April 26-28; but we'll probably stay there until April 29 for the Sunday Service. If no changes will be made, I will be staying in Daly City, Cali most of our stay in the US. Can't wait to see you there!

And yes, Manny won! I am so proud of him. But somehow, I'm sorry for Morales. It's always hard to be defeated.