Monday, January 02, 2006

It’s nice to be back.

While I was away, I told myself that I’ll definitely have a number of entries when I get back; to my surprise, I could not think of any right now.

Maybe it’s practical to start of with the Holidays. Ironically, I didn’t go to any of my relatives’. I don’t know; I just skipped family visits this year (actually all my siblings, too). But Christmas was still happy with our own family. And the Lord's Christmas gift to us is our baby Aaron, my nephew (the baby I saved from the dogs --remember my dog bite--while still in my sis-in-law's tummy). He is so cute! Also, we went to church and the service was great—only that we missed a few brethren because of the occasion. On Christmas eve, the youth (I mean almost all) from church went to our home to celebrate with the family. Ain’t that sweet or what? I love those kids.

Right after Christmas is my Ate’s (big sister) birthday. She’s 28 this year, but we keep saying she’s 29! Haha, what a way to make fun of big sister! Just to tease her a little –she knew we were kidding! Thank God for another year He gave her.

New year celebration was a blast! You might expect, yes, my youth group was there again. It’s like a designated route for them. But it was really a blast. Before the clock turned 12 midnight, my father led us to a family altar as we thanked God for another year and welcomed the new one with His blessings pouring in the family. It was really heartwarming to pray together and welcome the new year with assurance from the Lord.

And now, I’m back to work and the usual routines; but is more blessed with the Lord’s goodness and love. Happy new year to all!

4 comments:

Keith said...

So Glad to hear you had a good time during the holidays. Mine were great too, and I am truly blessed. I pray that as you get back into the routine of things that the Lord will bless you as you serve. It sounds like you have a wonderful family.

Pinay said...

Thanks. It was actually a tiring break (sounds ironic) but it was worth it. It's a good thing that i'm with my family in the ministry.

I would agree with that observation. It's been my joy that I belong to a wonderful family that the Lord gave.

I'm happy to know you also had a great holiday. God bless you abundantly!

friend said...

That is so great you are having the youth over and blessing them like that.

Pinay said...

One thing I realized in our church, we actually treat each other as family... and them (the youth) going to our home is like a normal thing to do as family. we need not invite them...they simply "invade" our home. ^^"