Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I can dance.

This statement can cause uproar when heard from me. How come? Simply because I can’t. People who know me would take this as a major joke. Gracefulness is something I would learn in a century. You might even want me to sing instead. I am no dancer at all.

I have long accepted this fact. Ironically, back in grade school, I remember I actually did perform dances in school activities. I even was the leader. I don’t know what went on; maybe I’ve been busy with so many other things in school, in church and even in my personal growth that the knowledge slipped away. Now it’s a pity to see me trying hard to follow basic step.

But what’s wonderful about this is: I don’t mind it at all. True. And it doesn’t stop me from praising God. Human standard would find it a dire thing for me to do but I keep on dancing. I love to dance. And I only dance in one occasion—during worship. I love to dance for the Lord. King David himself looked crazy when he danced for God, so what should I care about?

A lot of people are blessed with wonderful gifts and talents and God expects them to use it for His glory. I may not look graceful in the eyes of men but I will still dance for my God. I personally identify with this song:

Oh, I feel like dancing
It’s foolishness, I know
But when the world has seen the light
They will dance with joy like I’m dancing now.
I can sing of Your love forever.


I’m a growing Christian in faith. And something I learned is, if you want to glorify God with your work, don’t hesitate. Do it. He loves it when He sees you working whole-heartedly; giving your all. I may have two left feet, but I’m a graceful dancer in my King’s eyes.

So they say I can’t dance? I don’t think so. See me at church during worship and you’ll know.

3 comments:

Keith said...

Nothing like getting your dance on in worship at church right? AWESOME!

Pinay said...

ABSOLUTELY!

friend said...

That is so great - keep on - love the idealism and courage to let loose before God. Praise Him!!!!