Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Loyalty

Last night we were talking about the story of Ruth and Naomi. Here's a couple of verses from the book of Ruth (Old Testament) Chapter One:


16 But Ruth said, "Do not urge me to leave you or turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God."

17 "Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. Thus may the LORD do to me, and worse, if anything but death parts you and me."

taken from: New American Standard Bible

5 comments:

Sojourner said...

Hi Pinay~

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I actually needed to reread that post and recommit to that prayer. I have been struggling quite a bit lately with trusting the circumstances around me and not knowing exactly what direction I need to be taking, I guess mostly out of fear. So my prayer there and now, this reminder here from our sister Ruth, to be where He is, to follow Him despite others, circumstances, etc.

Thank you again I can't tell you how bad I needed to revisit that post, to be reminded of things the Lord spoke to me only a short month ago.

Come and visit again...when I have a few extra minutes, I will return and read a little about my new found sister :)

Pinay said...

Hi there!
Thanks. I will visit you soon. You're always welcome here.

May God's peace that surpasses all understanding be with you today and always.

Dabiru Sridhar Patnaik said...

I never read the Old Testament...but believe in the relegious scriptures, for at the end of the day one has to live in harmony with nature and God...timely thought, Pinay.

friend said...

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/Philippines/Southern_Tagalog/Cavite/photo162572.htm

that is the pic address

Pinay said...

Ok, I see. The Amadeo mentioned there is actually the town in the province of Cavite. Amadeo Church is the Catholic Church found in Amadeo, Cavite. That's why they call it Amadeo Church.