Friday, September 23, 2005

missed call!

I had this unexpected message from Tita Pressy yesterday. She was asking my phone number so she may call me the following day. She said there’s a 16-hour clock difference between Manila and Canada and she plans to call during my office break. Yes, that’s an international call! Shocking! Well, I thought she was just having this drastic impulse to call and so I was hesitant. But she insisted. She sent another message and said I should be expecting her call by lunch time. So I did wait. Unfortunately, she tried to contact me using the trunk line and had a hard time connecting since she forgot my surname and what department to find me. Haha! Sayang naman ang tawag niya!

Well, technology amazes me. Imagine, thousands of miles away and yet be able to connect with the people on the other side of the world! Wonderful!

I wish next time we can talk and at last hear each other. We’ve been sending emails for a while now. Don’t worry Tita. There’s always a second chance.

No comments: