Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Long vacation

I was able to enjoy a long vacation recently. There’d been many holidays starting from the Barangay Elections to All Saint’s Day.

I’m very happy to have lots of sleep while at home—that’s got to be the best reward.

Besides Tan winning solo from her slate, we enjoyed fun times with the rest of the family. Ate and I had to finish the bulk of laundry that the kids couldn’t catch up on (yeah, that’s where big sis’ role come in), and of course other household chores. What’s fun were not really the chores, but the bonding moment and sense of accomplishment together.

In the MYF, both Ushers’ Training sessions went well. This year, we had a good number of volunteer turn out (Praise the Lord!). Red and I are very encouraged with the ushers’ response. It’s a tough job for 55 people ushering for 6,000. But I’m happy that they are willing to take the challenge. Our theme verse: 1 Corinthians 15:58 “…Your toil is not in vain in the Lord.”

Our time at the cemetery on All Saint’s Day was also enjoyable as it also became an occasion to be reunited with several relatives—especially my cousins. It’s been a while since we stayed late at the cemetery.

During the past few days I was in active inspection of the plants at home. The rain still come-and-go which delays the flower season in our yard. But before I came back to work this week, I noticed the buds starting to come out. That’s a pretty good sign. I guess early December would mark the blooming season. Tatay is very positive about it. I feel bad that some plants did not survive the flood; anyhow, there are still others left to look forward to blooming. Oh, the euphorbias are already in bloom!

I got a new assignment at work. My boss assigned me to spearhead the public lectures on the assessment of the country’s constitutional bodies. I have to call the chairs/heads of the respective commissions now to follow-up schedules, etc. We’ll publish another book after this.

Please continue to pray about the Freedom Concert II and the MYF teams. We are less than three weeks away before the concert. Please pray that the glory of the Lord be lifted up amidst the young crowd. We really pray that God would bring in 6,000 souls to hear His word. Thank you.

Personal: On Tuesday morning, I heard the gecko in our room again. Please pray that it goes away. It’s my nemesis. Thanks.

No comments: