Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Dinner

Last Friday night we went to the awarding ceremonies of the outstanding career executive officers in the Philippines. I believed I was the youngest guest until I saw a three-year old girl (smile). As you know, it’s a formal gathering and they required people to be in so-called formal attire. Thank God I got one.

It was nice to be at the venue...very elegant. The awarding ceremonies actually came at the end of the program; the CESB was also celebrating their anniversary that evening. One bonus of the night was the chance to hear my favorite chorale, UP Concert Chorus. They were invited to perform.

Like I said, I was one of the search validators. My validee won and I got a chance to personally congratulate her. She remembered me. What I’m actually excited about was the part when the presentor read the biosketch of the winner. He was reading an excerpt from MY REPORT. The exact words I’ve submitted to the awards committee. I felt so honored. I could still remember how hesitant I was to take this assignment at first. It’s a great feeling for a first-timer like me.

It was quite an experience and I got a chance to fellowship with other partners from the CESB and other departments. I will probably post some pictures here later.

No comments: