Thursday, November 17, 2005

Thursday.

Came to the office at 6:45 this morning. But I got inside only at 7AM. It’s 2PM and I’ve been sitting here, facing my computer, for the last six hours. I feel guilty being sleepy but that’s the truth. My body’s tired. I went home (in the province) last night and had to leave at dawn going back to make sure I catch up on time for work. Now, I had to bear the consequence of lacking rest. Huh….

It’s a gloomy sky outside (which adds to the sleepy state). My window is overlooking the trees and lawn. It’s relaxing to stare at them. At least, to lessen the pressure at work.

Most of the “Mariposa” (big butterflies) in the atrium had left. There are some which are still inside their cocoon. A few others hang on the leaves and branches of the Santol tree. It’s cute to see them wiggling/shaking their cocoons trying to come out. I can imagine a theme song for this, “I’m coming out! I want the world to see….”

Time will pass quickly. Before I know it, it’s time to go. I have to finish my work. There are still a lot to produce…it’s mind boggling! I wish I’ll have a restful night ahead of me.

Things of note:

Tonight, MMK--Maalaala Mo Kaya (Do You Recall) will air a special story on one of the biggest Qs on Philippine TV today: Sino si Max? (Who's Max?). It's about the name being used by one of the biggest Restaurants in the country--Max's (Fried Chicken). How did they come up with the name? I got the feeling it's not really the owner's name. My guess is, it's an employee, maybe the chef, as i heard my brother say once. Anyhow, I marked the calendar--November 17, to watch out for the revelation.

Also, it's Sir Vicmar's birthday. We love him. He's been a very good thesis adviser and mentor to us back in college. Happy birthday Sir!

No comments: