Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sshh...secret identity!

I realize the name Pinay has [now] become my [secret] identity. It’s not my real name, but a slang term short for Filipina. Nonetheless, Pinay had managed to become ‘me’ more and more each day. Anyway, I’m quite comfortable with it. I guess that’s what I get from using a pseudonym—religiously.

Mayumi. Marangal. Mapagkalinga. Ganyan ang Pilipina.

If ever I use another name, that would definitely be Mayumi. But I’m settled with Pinay.

Wonder what the itals above stand for? Let’s see. Here’s what’s on-top-of-my-head-at-the-moment translation:

Meek. Dignified. Caring. Filipina nature.

Haha! My friends will roar in laughter when they learn about this page… it’s secret anyway. ^-^

I enjoy blogging so far.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Well you keep blogging. It is fun. I have not told you about our mission trips we are going on this summer. I will be going to a place called Camp Barnabas in Missouri for a week in June to work with autistic kids ages 7-17. We will be paired with a buddy for the entire week and will just minister to them and serve them showing them Christ's love. My wife and daughter will be going with a group from our church to Ireland for 3 weeks to minister to young people there. It is truly an awesome God we serve and a wonderful opportunity to reach others with the Gospel.

Pinay said...

That is great! I met a few missionaries and kept in touch with them. some are young people like me and others are adults. One of my good friends is a missionary Pastor. It's exciting to hear you're going to serve autistic kids. That's my passion. i love children but i have a heart for special kids. Actually, i'm planning to pursue Special Education. i plan to take my Master's degree on Special Education in the coming school year.

God bless you and your team as you serve the Lord.