Friday, February 08, 2008

Pinay’s January

Last month has been rather exciting and memorable for me (with a little sarcasm).

On January 8, we had the centennial kick off here in the University. It was an awesome event. That very night, I accidentally burned my thighs with a cup of boiling chocolate drink. It was hot! Thank God I didn’t have to rush to the hospital.

About two weeks later, on the 27th, my brother and I were merrily riding a motorcycle going to my friend’s house for a visit. On the way, another motorcycle overtook the car on the opposite lane and crashed on us. Surprised, the man instantly jumped off his bike unharmed and let the thing hit us. Next thing you know, my brother and I were in the hospital waiting for the x-ray results of our arm and leg.

I had to be off work for several days because the wound on my foot was too deep; it was hard for me to walk. My brother didn’t miss any because his injury was on the arm. Anyhow, we are grateful to the Lord for sparing us from any serious injuries.

My brother is almost completely healed. I’m still on the healing stage. Tell you what, it hurts a lot! Ouch!

One thing I learned from all these: God always protects us and gives us strength in days of trial. He loves and cares about us. Thank you, Lord. Perhaps it’s about time I take a little rest and stay home.

No comments: