Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday, 31st

Oh, I just realized, today is the last day of the month, and the last day of first quater 2008...
--
This morning, I was on my way to the bus station when the trike passed by a familiar face. In a split second I recognized the face—Kuya Julius! I instantly waved at my favorite cousin, who, I guess, decided to visit home for summer. Now, I want to go home too and have a chat with him!

As usual, buses on a Monday morning were like raindrops in the desert. After waiting under the heat of the sun for nearly 35 minutes, I jumped onto the first bus that came and suffered the “sardines-formation.” I was carrying an extra bag plus umbrella, which made it a lot harder for me to grab the railings. Being a passenger for several years, experience and observation taught me that inside a jam-packed (standing-room only) bus, you’ll find that 70 percent of the people standing are women; 30-40 percent of them are 50s and up. Disappointing but true. Anyhow, there are instances when “a gentleman” happens to be on the same bus and humbly offers his seat. However, that doesn’t happen everyday; at least not today.

The summer sun really dries us up. Ang init!!! (So hot!!!) The same reason I’m so determined to work on the laundry at home. I have just declared an all-out war against dirty clothes. When I’m through, my next battlefield will be the bedrooms.

No comments: