Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Godmother

Yesterday we went north to Tarlac City where my eldest brother’s family lives. It’s Geng’s graduation day. I have always called her “anak” which means “my child” since she is my niece and goddaughter. And I think I was even more excited than my brother and sis-in-law given the fact that our third-generation “first born” so-to-speak is graduating.

All of us drove there except Tan and Archie who had their final exams scheduled the same day. Instead, Wally and Fati came along. Tatay made some rice cakes (kalamay) while Ate brought spaghetti. It was a smooth, almost three-hour trip.

It was really nice to see the girls again. This was also the first time for me to see our youngest niece, Althea. She is such a character!

As always, I play the photographer part in the group. One thing is observable: if you hold the camera, you’re not in the picture. Anyway, I enjoyed every shot especially when my girl is in it.

And like icing on the cake, Geng had a surprise for all of us. We didn’t know she’ll be given a medal of excellence. How about that? So Kaka climb up the stage and received the medal with Geng. After the occasion, my nieces came home with us to Bulacan for the summer break.

On our way home, Geng said, "Ninang (godmother), your gift to me is a swimming outing for us this summer!" Everybody answered, "Yay!" O-oh! So, we have three little children running around the house starting today, and myself preparing for a summer getaway for the children.

No comments: