Wednesday, August 08, 2007

First in August

This is a very late update for this month. Actually, I got sick on the night of July 31 to August 5. I got back from work only on the 6th. Thank God for my friends who watched over me, for families and friends who prayed for me, and for God’s merciful healing to me.

--
This month is one of the busiest here in the office. I have a lot of back-to-back activities going on. Right now, I am working on four things simultaneously; Congress, GK Build, CESB validation, LVC’s TSG Legal. All happening in August.

--
I made a new wallpaper for my monitor. My materials are courtesy of PC. He doesn’t know yet, but I’ll tell him. It’s the picture of the flower ‘Lily of the Valley’ he took and on it the ‘words’ that he made too. It turned out very nice--i like it, especially with the green background. Peaceful.

--
It’s been raining nonstop since last night and the water level is really pouring everywhere. Outside our building, the frogs are having a major concert! They’ve been like that since the moment I stepped in the room! Believe me, they sound like mooing cows—no joke! It’s like they have a loud speaker to amplify their cry! I’m a bit cranky about them.

--
I am so inspired by the messages I’ve been receiving lately. This morning, Apple and Arnel both sent good ones. This one I really like:

Just for today
Just for today, decide to be happy, to live with what is yours.
If you can’t have what you want, maybe you can like what you have.
Just for today decide to be kind.
Be cheerful.
Be agreeable.
Be understanding.
Be your best.
Dress your best.
Talk softly.
Look for the bright side of things.
Praise people instead of criticizing them.
Just for today. Try it.
After all, it’s just for a day…
Who knows, you might like it and do it again tomorrow.

That’s really nice. I did most of it today except for “Dress your best.” Hehe…

No comments: