Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Comfort.

I dreamt of my mother last night. It was so clear, I thought it was real. We were together eating banana. She ate hers without peeling it; happily taking a mouthful in every bite. I enjoyed watching her eat and did the same with mine. Together, we ate happily and contented.

I saw her eyes looking straight at me. I felt so much comfort in them. It was a long time since I had such carefree feeling; right there beside her, I didn’t mind the world around us. We were not talking; just eating side by side. I was plainly happy eating my banana the weird way with my mom.

Then I woke up. I was disappointed to find myself in our room until it dawned to me that it was just a dream. I wanted to go back to dreaming; to be with my mother again. To feel so much care and comfort. To feel satisfied and content.

I am so depressed lately. Tired at work, busy with all things, and pressured at home. The last time I was in the pit of deep loneliness I also dreamt of my mom. I guess subconsciously, my brain is reciprocating my need—comfort. Honestly, it makes me cry thinking about this silly dream.

The dream was really weird besides eating the banana with its skin. First, my mom’s no longer around. It’s been more than four and a half years since she passed away. Still, there’s never a day I did not think of her. Second, I don’t eat banana. It makes my stomach sick. I guess what the dream is telling me is that even in the weirdest situation, I can still find comfort.

I read the Lord’s word today and found a verse in Psalms, “I will be with you until your hair turns gray…” Thank you Lord. I know He made me dream of my mom to give a timeout from all the stress of the world. And His promise never fails. The Lord is with me.

No comments: