Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The CLAN Reunion Plan

I went home last night and the after dinner talks at the table stretched to many interesting topics. The most interesting topic was the plan for THE CLAN Reunion. My father really got a kick out of that. Well, for one, he’s the only one who actually carries the family name (being the only brother of three sisters). Also, our third generation only has one bearer (thus far) of the seven grandchildren. So the family name is secured by a three-year-old toddler, my nephew Aaron.

My cousin really wants this to push through. I believe we all do it’s just that no one really gives the time to make it happen. So, last Sunday after my siblings met with my cousins, they decided we will have it in summer.

I love our family. For one, my father’s family is really intact so-to-speak. We were raised to follow the old traditions and still cling to most of them. Even to some Filipinos, they find us old-fashioned. Anyway, I take pride in that.

We had a good time planning for summer’s reunion. It seemed that the organizer will be mainly us (my siblings and my cousin)—the younger generation as they call us. A theme popped in my mind: “Sixty-three and counting….” since there are already 63 of us from the clan’s root. I know it’ll be fun. We’re excited!

No comments: